A lost distillery of the early 19th century, located somewhere in Stirlingshire, now Dunbartonshire.
Lowland single malt Scotch whisky
The distillery was situated on Balmore Farm, midway between Baldernock and Torrance, due north of Glasgow. In its day, Balmore sat amid a cluster of streams that fed down to the River Kelvin.
It was also a close neighbour of Bogside distillery.
Balmore distillery was both opened and closed in 1833 by John Foyer.
The farm on which it stood has long vanished under a modern housing estate between the new and old Balmore Roads.
- 1833 Bogside is opened by John Foyer, but closed again in the same year