A small Perthshire distillery that flowered and withered in the early 19th century.
Highland single malt Scotch whisky
Bankfoot distillery was in or close to the Perthshire village of the same name in the 18th century.
One source states Bankfoot and Auchtergaven distilleries are the same, sited at North Barns Farm east of the village of Bankfoot. The village itself being west of the main A9 Perth-to-Inverness road.
However, North Barns has no running water source, whereas several burns, the Garry, Ordie and Shochie or Glenshauch, all pass through or near Bankfoot village.
Without further information, it is hard to be totally certain about the distillery location.
Bankfoot was opened by Messrs A&J Young in 1829, but closed two years later.
- 1829 Bankfoot distillery opens under A&J Young
- 1830 The distillery closes
South Barns Farm
Perth and Kinross
Lost rural distillery in Auchtergaven, located not far from Bankfoot.