A lost Islay distillery that was open only briefly in the 1810s.
Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Polnach distillery has vanished without trace, however it was listed as Polneach in a 1912 Scottish farms directory, with a Mrs Colin Campbell given as farmer. It stood south of Rosfield (or Rosefield) farm, which remains on current maps, close to the River Nairn and just a quarter of a mile northwest of where Royal Brackla distillery would later be built in 1817.
It is possible some traces of the farm buildings may remain, but Polnach has totally vanished.
The distillery was licensed in 1798 to Alexander McArthur but closed the following year.
- 1798 Alexander McArthur is named licensee at Polnach
- 1799 Polnach distillery closes