Ardincaple was a short-lived distillery on the Island of Seil, south of Oban.
Islands single malt Scotch whisky
Barronepark distillery stood at what is now Barone Park, also called Cnoc na h-Ulaidhe, on the Isle of Bute. This farm and residence is south-west of Rothesay at the foot of Barone Hill, beside a burn that flowed eastwards into nearby Loch Fad.
The distillery was opened and licensed to William Muir and Co. in 1798. Barronepark remained in the Muir family, operating intermittently until it ultimately closed in 1823.
- 1798-99 Distilling begins at Barronepark under William Muir and Co.
- 1799 The distillery falls silent
- 1816 William Muir reopens the distillery
- 1818 Barronepark is silent once again
- 1821 James Muir, probably William’s son, takes over the licence
- 1833 The distillery closes
Isle of Bute
Argyll and Bute