An early 19th century distillery on the Cowal peninsula.
Lowland single malt Scotch whisky
The distillery is understood to have been built on what is now Station Road, in Cardross on the Firth of Clyde. It would have been midway between the Geilston and Kilmahew Burns, both good water sources. It is possible a lade or piping was used to draw from one burn or the other.
Cardross distillery opened in 1798 licensed to William Ferrier, but closed the following year.
- 1798 Cardross distillery opens
- 1799 The distillery closes
Argyll and Bute
A short-lived distillery in the village of Rhu, on the east shore of Gareloch.
One of many lost distilleries in Argyll that was operational briefly in the 18th century.
One of a swathe of lost Islay distilleries, Bridgend was briefly licensed in the early 19th century.