Possibly the same distillery as Auchtergaven, Bankfoot distillery is an anomaly.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Souterhill Farm sat west of Bankfoot, close to the Garry Burn, on an unnumbered rural road, just north-west of a local manse. It was south of Airleywight, a farm and onetime weaving mill that was once a major employer in the area.
Souterhill distillery, also spelled Soutarhill, was first licensed to James Duff in 1798 and closed that year or soon after. It was then noted as ‘operating’ in 1816-17, but the distiller's name at the time is not recorded. Finally, it was re-opened by Andrew Puller & Co. in 1818, but finally closed the following year.
Souterhill was still listed in 1912 under one Robert Menzies, farmer and miller, but disappeared from maps after WW2. The buildings that once stood there have since been demolished.
- 1798 Souterhill distillery is licensed to James Duff
- 1816-17 The distillery is operating under an unknown distiller
- 1818 Souterhill is licensed to Andrew Puller & Co.
- 1819 The distillery is permanently closed
Perth and Kinross