Daniel Crawford & Son Profile
Daniel Crawford & Son Ltd started out as Glasgow whisky merchant though after being snapped up by the DCL, became the licensee for Parkmore distillery in Dufftown. It also produced the Daniel Crawford Red Star and Old Matured blends, as well as Bene Vobis Deluxe and Glen Stewart.
Daniel Crawford & Son History
Daniel Crawford & Son Ltd was established in 1850 as a whisky merchant at Glasgow’s Queen Street.
The firm was acquired by The Distillers Company Ltd in 1913, on the retirement of owner and chairman Eunig R Crawford. The silent distillery of Parkmore – which had closed in 1931 – was licensed to Daniel Crawford & Sons in 1940, but only the warehousing capacity was utilised.
In 1974 the DCL moved Daniel Crawford & Sons’ premises to Constitution Street in Leith, while the Red Star and Old Matured blends – created principally for export – were produced until the 1980s.
The Glen Stewart blend was marketed through a subsidiary company, The Invercairn Blending Co.