A South Lanarkshire distillery near Carluke that closed in the 1830s.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Gill (also spelled Gell) distillery sat at Gill farm on the Cander Water, just west of Kirkmuirhill and two miles north of Lesmahagow. The farm, still on maps today, is just west of the M74 motorway.
The distillery was licensed to Andrew Hamilton in 1825 and continued distilling until 1840 when, like so many other distillers at the time, he was sequestrated.
- 1825 Distillery opened and operated by Andrew Hamilton
- 1840 Hamilton sequestrated and distillery closed