A rural distillery near Wick, Caithness, which opened in 1826.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Heastigro (spelled Hastiegrew in a 1910 trade directory and Hastigrow today), is the name of two or three farms or crofts sitting beside the lesser B876 road roughly midway between Wick and Thurso. All of them are close to burns or watercourses that feed into the Black Burn. The exact location of the distillery is hard to pinpoint although it would likely have been at one of these farms, which still exist today.
Heastigro distillery was licensed to John Gun (or Gunn) in 1798 but closed that same year.
- 1798 Opened by John Gun/Gunn
- 1798 Distillery closed
The farm distillery near Wick was licensed for a brief period in 1798.
An early Caithness distillery near Halkirk that at one point encompassed two sites.
One of the very earliest registered distilleries in Caithness, indeed the whole of Scotland.