A lost distillery located at the town of the same name, close to the River Tay.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
The site of Pitillie distillery is at or beside Pitilie Farm on the Pittiely Burn which feeds the River Tay to the north.
Pitilie Farm still appears on maps today and sits a mile or so uphill from Aberfeldy, just east of the A826 road from Aberfeldy to Amulree.
Pitillie predates its closest neighbour, Aberfeldy distillery, which still survives today, by some 30 years.
Pitillie distillery was licensed to Alexander McLean & Co. in 1825 and distilling continued until 1834, when operations ceased.
It was noted as operating in 1851, and under license to Alexander McLean the following year.
Another silent period followed, until Alexander McLean & Co. reopened the site in 1860 for a final burst of activity that culminated in 1867.
- 1825 Pitillie distillery is licensed to Alexander McLean & Co.
- 1834 Distilling halts at Pitillie
- 1851 The distillery is operational once more
- 1852 The Pitillie licence passes to an Alexander McLean, but distilling halts again that year or soon after
- 1860 Alexander McLean & Co. re-opens Pitillie
- 1867 The distillery is finally closed
Perth and Kinross