A late 18th century licensed distillery near Beith, Ayrshire.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
This Ayrshire distillery likely sat by the Stevenston Burn, which runs north to south through the Stevenson area, east of Saltcoats and Ardrossan.
OS coordinates support this, placing the distillery in the centre of the town of Stevenston. An 1850s map shows a corn mill beside the burn just north of Main Street/Townhead Street. This may well have been the site, as many distilleries were converted to mills after their closure.
Stevenston distillery was operational from 1816-17 under an unknown distiller.
- 1816 Stevenston distillery is operating
- 1817 The distillery is closed