A lost distillery located at the town of the same name, close to the River Tay.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Stralochy is today a farm and bungalow about a mile north, and well uphill, from the village of Caputh, close to the River Tay. It lies on a watershed with two burns flowing eastwards and westwards, although both eventually turn south into the river.
One source places Stralochy distillery at the hamlet of Straloch in Strathardle, between Pitlochry and Kirkmichae, but, on balance, this is probably incorrect. There is also a Stralochy Farm Hotel in Caputh’s neighbouring village of Murthly, but this is not the distillery site.
Stralochy distillery was first licensed to John Robertson & Co. from 1825-26, then to John Robertson alone in 1827. He ran the distillery solo until its closure in 1834.
- 1825 Stralochy was licensed to John Robertson & Co.
- 1827 The distillery is licensed to John Robertson
- 1834 Stralochy is closed
Perth and Kinross