An urban 19th century distillery in the centre of Perth.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Turrich distillery was located in Glen Quaich, about three miles north-west of Amurlee in western Perthshire. It was sat at one of two farms – both today spelled Turrerich – which sit on the Turrerich and Easter Turrerich burns respectively, close to the northern end of Loch Freuchie. Both burns flow into the Loch which in turn feeds the River Braan as it wends its way north-eastward to enter the Tay opposite Dunkfield.
Glen Quaich is considered to be one of the most beautiful glens in Scotland.
Licensed to John McTavish Sr. & Co. in 1817, Turrich’s doors were permanently closed just two years later in 1819. Both farms thought to be possible homes to the distillery still operate today.
- 1817 Turrich distillery is licensed to John McTavish Sr. & Co.
- 1819 Turrich distillery closes
Perth and Kinross
A lost distillery located at the town of the same name, close to the River Tay.
Perhaps a misspelling of Duntanlich, the site of two farms near Pitlochry.
A distillery once located in Perthshire on Loch Tay’s south shore, possibly also called Lochtayside.