A major contributor to White Horse.
Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
There are numerous places known as Whitehouse or White House in Scotland. Two are listed in Morayshire, which covers the lion’s share of the ‘Elgin Collection’ area: one is at or near Aberlour on the River Spey, the other a few miles south-west of Forres near Dunphail. However, with limited information about these places appearing in current or historical maps it is impossible to say for certain which one was home to the distillery.
However it was recorded that in the first six months of 1826, Whitehouse distilled 2,733 gallons of proof spirit, for which 1,467 bushels of malt were used.
Whitehouse distillery was licensed to Peter McKerron from its establishment in 1825 until its closure in 1829.
- 1825 Peter McKerron establishes Whitehouse distillery
- 1829 The distillery ceases production