Also called House of Burns, a lost distillery at Monzievaird, near Crieff in Perthshire.
Lowland single malt Scotch whisky
Abbotshaugh was located in the grounds of an abbey that has long since vanished. It was possibly on or beside West Mains of Abbotshaugh, a farm close to the Forth-Clyde Canal that had opened in 1790.
Abbotshaugh distillery opened in 1825, licensed to the Abbotshaugh Distillery Co. However, the site closed in 1828 when Mr A McFarlane, a major investor, withdrew from the venture.
Abbotshaugh House was still listed in the Scottish County Directory a century later, but the area is now an industrial estate, west of The Helix roundabout on the old A9 road.
- 1825 Abbotshaugh distillery opens for business
- 1828 The distillery closes when a principle investor withdraws his support
- 1825 - 1828