Japanese-owned malt distillery.
Speyside single malt Scotch whisky
Ardiseer distillery was situated in the village of Ardersier (its modern spelling), a few miles east of Inverness.
The village lies on a bay on the southern shore of the Moray Firth as it narrows towards Inverness. The Old Military Road runs along Ardersier’s edge, leading to the 18th century bastion of Fort George.
Although pinpointing Ardiseer distillery’s location is difficult, it would logically have sat beside one of the two burns that converge just south of the village, before flowing into the firth.
Ardiseer/Ardersier distillery lasted just a year from 1798-99, under the governance of James McPherson.
- 1798 The distillery is licensed to James McPherson
- 1799 The distillery closes
A rural distillery at Beauly, in Inverness-shire, that stood beside the river of the same name.
One of more than 20 lost distilleries in the Inverness area, Bught survived barely one year.
The lost distillery of Fort Augustus was also known as Glentarff in the 1850s.