A here-and-gone distillery at Culbokie in the Ferintosh area of the Black Isle, Easter Ross.
Highland single malt Scotch whisky
The lost distillery of Beauly is thought to have sat on Croyard Road at Beauly, in Inverness-shire. Its likely water source would have been one of two streams, one of which joined the Bridgend Burn that ran through the village centre on its way to the River Beauly.
Beauly distillery opened under John Fraser in 1825, but closed the following year. In 1827 Alexander Shepherd reopened the site and ran it for a good three years before closing the operation.
- 1825 John Fraser opens the distillery at Beauly
- 1826 Beauly distillery closes
- 1827 Alexander Shepherd restarts production at Beauly
- 1830 The distillery closes for good