A Stirlingshire distillery with a long history. Also known as Glenmurray and St Thomas’s Well.
Highland single malt Scotch whisky
Arngibbon distillery operated in Kippen, Stirlingshire, for six short years in the early 19th century. Arngibbon itself was an estate of at least four farms and one country house, located southwest of Arnprior. At the time the distillery was established there, the estate was the seat of the Forrester family.
The distillery itself probably sat near a burn that flowed through the estate and fed into the River Forth.
Arngibbon distillery was first licensed to John Morrison in 1825, but was closed in 1831.
Arngibbon House was recently on the market for £1.25 million.
- 1825 Arngibbon distillery is licensed to John Morrison
- 1831 The distillery closes