A short-lived, obscure distillery in or near Cupar in North-East Fife.
Lowland single malt Scotch whisky
Bank distillery operated in Kirkcudbright on the west bank of the River Dee, at a bend by Kirkcudbright, in an area now called the Stell. It was likely positioned by a stream or burn for process water.
This Dumfries and Galloway distillery lasted a remarkable 12 years from 1825-37, but failed like so many others of the time.
John Finlay (also Findlay) and William Stein ran Bank between them for its entire lifespan, with the licence made out to one or both of them in various permutations.
The site later became a corn mill, however little or no trace of the distillery remains today.
- 1825 Bank opens under Findlay and Co., which later that year became Findlay and Stein
- 1826 The partnership dissolves and John Findlay is declared sole operator
- 1834 William Stein takes over at Bank
- 1837 John Findlay is in charge again but Bank distillery closes soon after
Dumfries and Galloway
An early 19th century distillery that operated briefly in Alexandria, Dunbartonshire.
An urban Lowland distillery in its namesake town that distilled intermittently between 1795-1826.
A short-lived distillery in Kilmahoe parish, Dumfriesshire, that operated in the early 1830s.