A Stirlingshire distillery with a long history. Also known as Glenmurray and St Thomas’s Well.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
The distillery sat south of Strathblane village on a small burn in an area that is today the very upmarket Moor Road, with fine modern houses in large plots, surrounded by various dam-created lochs and reservoirs.
It was licensed to Alexander Parlane and Co. from 1816 to 1819. No other details are available on the distillery buildings, stills, output and quality of its whisky. It seems to have been Mr Parlane’s sole venture into whisky distilling as his name does not appear, as far as one can ascertain, in the annals of any other distilleries.
- 1816 The distillery is licensed to, and opened by, Alexander Parlane
- 1819 The distillery closes