A medium-peated Islay whisky.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
A distillery west of Glasgow at the village of Duntocher on the Clyde's north bank, and reported operating in the early 1800s. It’s suggested it was an early name for Auchentoshan distillery, but OS coordinates place the two more than 1km/three-quarters of a mile apart with Auchentoshan located in Dalmuir.
However, the Duntocher Burn skirts its namesake village and at the village's east end lie Old Mill Road and Cornmill Court, both close to the burn. Many distilleries were converted after they closed to corn mills as both used water power to grind grain. It is quite possible the distillery would have stood there, but without further information one cannot be certain.
The distillery was licensed to John Bulloch in 1817, but he was sequestrated in 1822. It was re-started in 1825 by Archibald Bulloch, doubtless a close relative, who was also sequestrated in 1826. Information on the buildings, stills and whisky is nil.
- 1817 The distillery is opened by John Bulloch
- 1822 John Bulloch is sequestrated and the distillery closed
- 1825 Re-opened by Archibald Bulloch
- 1826 Archibald Bulloch is sequestrated and the distillery finally closed. However, members of the Bulloch family were later to become major figures in the whisky industry in the 19th and the 20th centuries
Balloch distillery stood in or near its namesake castle by the southern tip of Loch Lomond.
Malt distillery in the town of Dumbarton that briefly operated during the 19th century.
An early 19th century distillery that operated briefly in Alexandria, Dunbartonshire.