An elusive North Lanarkshire distillery, possibly the precursor to East Monkland.
East Nevay distillery
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
East Nevay was one of several short-lived distilleries that appeared at the start of the 19th century. It was situated on a farm at Balkeerie, near Newtyle in Angus, between 1825-26.
East Nevay sat in the Vale of Strathmore close to the Balkeerie Burn and a feeder stream. The farm still exists today.
East Nevay History
The distillery was licensed to William Waddell in 1825-26, however no further details are available.
- 1825 The distillery is opened and operated by William Waddell
- 1826 Waddell ceases trading, distillery closed