A distillery briefly active in the ‘Glasgow collection area’ in the 1820s.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
The brewery, and then distillery, stood north of the Clyde in the area that is now occupied by the SECC (the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre), though its exact position is difficult to pinpoint. The Finnieston Brewery was operated by John Connal and Sons but the distillery, once conversion was complete, was operated by Ebenezer Connal and Co.
Finnieston Brewery was converted to a distillery and operated by Ebenezer Connal and Co. from 1824-27. This part of Glasgow, being close to the Clyde, eventually became a hive of commercial warehouses linked to the import trade and home to industrial firms associated with the Clyde's burgeoning shipbuilding industry. The area became very run-down in the post-war years but was given a great boost by the establishment of the SECC.
- 1824 The distillery is opened and operated by Ebenezer Connal and Co.
- 1827 The distillery closes
Modern group created to build and operate Glasgow’s first distillery for over 100 years.
Holding company overseeing the construction and operation of the Clydeside distillery in Glasgow.
Distiller & blender
Producer of Cutty Sark and Macallan.