French-owned site by the Dornoch Firth.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Gladfield distillery was named after the hamlet in which it resided just north of Ardgay village. Today spelled Gledfield, the hamlet is scattered along the south shore of the River Carron that feeds into the Oykel opposite Bonar Bridge between the Kyle of Sutherland and the Dornoch Firth. Aside from Gledfield House, several farms and a school bear the Gledfield name.
The most likely location for the distillery would have been Gledfield Mill, beside the Carron where a burn called the Allt a Mhuilinn spills into it.
However, one source states the distillery stood at Lower Gledfield farm, although no burn or other water source is close to it.
Gladfield distillery was licensed to Simon Ross from 1798 to 1799.
- 1798 Licensed to Simon Ross
- 1799 Distillery closed
Badarrach was a distillery situated just south of the Kyle of Sutherland in Strath Oykel.
An isolated Perthshire farm distillery on the lower slopes of Farragon Hill and Creag A' Mhadaidh.
A defunct distillery on the Black Isle, near Poyntzfield.