Could the mysterious lost distillery of Burnbrae have been a neighbour of Kennetpans and Kilbagie?
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Petty is a small area a few miles east of Inverness containing a farm, today called Newton of Petty, which is sandwiched between the A96 Inverness-Nairn road and the Inverness-Aberdeen rail line. The Rough Burn, fed by a stream that skirts Newton Farm, meanders through the area northwards to the Moray Firth. This may well have been the location of Petty distillery. Nearby is Petty Church and graveyard, slightly further away are Castle Stuart golf course and Inverness Airport.
Petty distillery was licensed to William Collie in 1825 but it closed the following year.
- 1825 William Collie opens Petty distillery
- 1826 The distillery is closed
A licence was granted for the distillery in 1818, but whether it made whisky is another question.
Carlisle’s State Management Scheme was one of three set up in Britain to nationalise the ...
The UK’s highest whisky retailer and independent bottler in Tomintoul.