An urban 19th century distillery in the centre of Perth.
Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Ruthvenbank distillery (also sometimes spelled Ruthenbank) was located at or close to what is today Old Mill Farm, midway between Auchterarder and Aberruthven, just west of the A9 dual carriageway from Stirling to Perth. The farm sits on the Pairney Burn near its confluence with the Ruthven Water as it meanders northwards to join the River Earn. The distillery may have drawn its water from either the Pairney or the Ruthven.
Ruthvenbank distillery was opened in 1821 by J Mailer & Co. and then, however, it fell silent almost immediately. Following a four-year silent period, it was sold to James Fyffe (or Fyfe) from 1825, who ran Ruthvenbank until 1828.
Today, a large part of the immediate farm area is a caravan site.
- 1821 Ruthvenbank distillery is licensed to J Mailer & Co.
- 1821-22 The distillery is silent
- 1825 James Fyffe – or Fyfe – takes on Ruthvenbank
- 1828 The distillery is closed
Perth and Kinross
A lost distillery located at the town of the same name, close to the River Tay.
Perhaps a misspelling of Duntanlich, the site of two farms near Pitlochry.
A distillery once located in Perthshire on Loch Tay’s south shore, possibly also called Lochtayside.