A Stirlingshire distillery with a long history. Also known as Glenmurray and St Thomas’s Well.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
The original Sauchenford – or Sauchinford – Farm on which the distillery stood appears to have been split into smallholdings. Sauchinford Cottage still appears on current maps, just north of the M9 Stirling-Edinburgh motorway. The original farm was near Sauchinford Burn, which was probably the distillery’s water source.
Sauchenford distillery was registered by Thomas Paterson, possibly in the late 1780s. He was sequestrated in 1793 and the distillery was closed.
- Late 1780s Thomas Paterson opens Sauchenford distillery
- 1793 Paterson is sequestrated, and the distillery closes