A Stirlingshire distillery with a long history. Also known as Glenmurray and St Thomas’s Well.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Although there are many farms in Scotland called Springfield, only one seems to be listed in Stirlingshire, or former parts of Stirlingshire. Now called only Springfield Cottage, it sits a mile north of the River Carron, a quarter-mile south-west of the Forth and half-a-mile west of the village of Skinflats. The nearest town is Falkirk. It has an adjacent pond but, on current maps, no watercourse close by.
Springfield distillery was first licensed to Matthew Cleland from 1829-30, before being operated by Robert Buchanan from 1830-31.
- 1829 Springfield distillery is licensed to Matthew Cleland
- 1830 The distillery licence passes to Robert Buchanan
- 1831 Springfield closes