A historic name in the world of Scotch whisky, now owned by Ian MacLeod Distillers.
Wallace Paw distillery
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
The exact location of Wallace Paw has been lost to time but there are two residential streets surviving in Bo’ness called Wallace Place and Wallace View. Both sit conveniently close to the Dean Burn, which flows north-westward through Dean Glen to the Firth of Forth. It is possible that the Wallace Paw distillery stood in this area though no maps show its exact location. This is in contrast to the longer lasting Bo’ness distillery, which was widely depicted in maps over the decades.
Wallace Paw History
Wallace Paw had two licensees in its short life and was only briefly active. Opened in 1795 by Fargie & Steel & Co., the distillery was silent for most of its history and ultimately closed in 1799.
- 1795 Fargie & Steel & Co. opens Wallace Paw but the distillery goes silent shortly after
- 1798 The license passes to Millar, Baird & Co.
- 1799 Wallace Paw distillery is closed for good