Scotch whisky arm of Pernod Ricard.
Harvey MacNair & Co Profile
The flagship expression from Glasgow-based blender, bottler and one-time distiller Harvey MacNair was MacNair’s Special Reserve, a blend that’s been available since 1933. Both the brand and company are now part of the Pernod Ricard portfolio. Prior to the 1980s, MacNair’s also sold Old Times Blended Scotch Whisky as part of its portfolio.
The company briefly operated Speyside’s Benromach distillery before the First World War.
Harvey MacNair & Co History
While the current MacNair’s label has the company established in 1857, Harvey MacNair & Company Limited was incorporated in 1931 as a blender and bottler.
Prior to its incorporation, the family business briefly owned Benromach distillery in Speyside, purchasing the site from co-founder Duncan McCallum in 1911. Unfortunately war hit just a few years later, and the distillery was closed, with Harvey MacNair & Co passing it onto the Benromach Distillery Ltd in 1919.
Sometime after this, the company was acquired by Hiram Walker & Sons of Canada. In 1987, the company became dormant and all remaining shares transferred to what became Allied Distillers. The group was eventually acquired by French drinks group Pernod Ricard in 2005, and continues to operate as a non-trading subsidiary.
Harvey MacNair & Co Limited
111/113 Renfrew Road
- Visit Website
- +44 141 531 1800