A distillery briefly active in the ‘Glasgow collection area’ in the 1820s.
Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Woodfoot distillery was located in the Hutchesontown district of Glasgow, making it one of the few early distilleries in the city south of the River Clyde. It stood on what is now Ballater street, on the A74, which was the main road into Glasgow from the south prior to the building of the city’s motorway network. The old site is just 200 meters from today’s Strathclyde distillery, a large producer of grain whisky, now in the Pernod Ricard portfolio, which wasn’t built until 80 years after Woodfoot closed.
Woodfoot’s one and only licensee, J W Hedderwick & Co., distilled from 1844 to 1849 until Hedderwick was sequestrated and the distillery closed.
There are reports of bonded warehouses remaining active on the site as recently as the 1970s.
- 1844 Woodfoot’s distillery is licensed to J W Hedderwick & Co.
- 1849 Hedderwick is sequestrated and the distillery is closed
Modern group created to build and operate Glasgow’s first distillery for over 100 years.
Holding company overseeing the construction and operation of the Clydeside distillery in Glasgow.
This Glasgow distillery ran for a brief spell near Bridgeton station in the early 19th century.