A single Islay malt that pushes all the right buttons for aspiring peat freaks.
The Six Isles Profile
Blended Malt Scotch Whisky
The Six Isles is a blend of single malts from the six Scottish islands that currently distil whisky: Islay, Jura, Skye, Mull, Orkney and Arran. Islay whisky provides the peaty kick, while Orkney provides the heather and honey notes. Uncoloured and non-chill-filtered, The Six Isles is bottled at 43% abv.
A handful of wine finishes have been released over the years, including a NAS Pomerol French oak finish in 2010, and a 10-year-old finished in Petrus Gaia casks in 2014.
The Six Isles History
Developed and first branded in the late 1990s by Ian Macleod Distillers, owner of Glengoyne and Tamdhu distilleries, this is a highly rated value-for-money blended malt bottled under the company’s William Maxwell (Scotch Whisky) Ltd subsidiary.
- 1933 Ian Macleod & Co Ltd is established
- 1963 Whisky broker Peter J Russell & Co. Ltd acquires Ian Macleod & Co Ltd
- 1968 Peter J Russell & Co. Ltd acquires William Maxwell (Scotch Whisky Ltd) from Liverpool-based Rigby & Evans Ltd
- 2003 The company changes its name to Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd following the acquisition of Glengoyne distillery and the Langs blend from Edrington
- 2010 The Six Isles Pomerol French oak finish is released
- 2014 The Six Isles is releases as a 10-year-old finished in Petrus Gaia casks
Ian Macleod Distillers Limited
- +44 1506 852205
- Visitor Opening Hours
- Not open to the public