The Highlands & Islands Scotch Whisky Company Profile

Located in Milngavie, Glasgow, The Highlands & Islands Scotch Whisky Company Ltd. focuses its production on three brands, all single malts from undisclosed distilleries.

The Ileach is a peated Islay single malt whisky bottled at both 40% abv and at a cask strength of 58% abv.

Black Cuillin is an eight-year-old Hebridean Island single malt bottled at 40% abv, its name referring to the Cuillin Hills on the Isle of Skye, so quite possibly the whisky is from Talisker.

The Pibroch is Highlands & Islands third brand, another Islay single malt named after the famous diesel puffer that once carried grain to Islay on behalf of Scottish Malt Distillers. It is bottled at 43% abv, and is currently awaiting a full redesign and relaunch.

Highlands & Islands also owns independent bottler CS James, a holding company that produces the Islay Storm single malt.

The Highlands & Islands Scotch Whisky Company History

The Highlands & Islands Scotch Whisky Company Ltd. was established by Brian Crook in 1997 as an independent whisky bottler, and sister operation to the Vintage Malt Whisky Company.

Its flagship brand, The Ileach, and single malt Pibroch were both launched in 1997. Black Cuillin was later introduced in 2000 alongside the Cask Strength Ileach expression.

Contact

Address
The Highlands & Islands Scotch Whisky Co.
c/o The Vintage Malt Whisky Co.
2 Stewart Street
Milngavie
Glasgow
G62 6BW
United Kingdom
Website
Visit Website
Phone
+44 141 955 1700
Email
Send Email
Map

See also

  • Finlaggan Finlaggan Finlaggan Brand

    Finlaggan

    An anonymous single malt whisky designed to embody the spirit of Islay.

  • Glenalmond Glenalmond Glenalmond Brand

    Glenalmond

    Blended malt from Vintage Malt Whisky Co that’s named after part of Perthshire.

  • Tantallan Tantallan Tantallan Brand

    Tantallan

    Highland single malt whisky named after Scotland’s last great medieval castle.

  • Tambowie Tambowie Tambowie Brand

    Tambowie

    Blended malt named after a lost distillery near Milngavie, which closed in 1914.

Scroll To Top