Advertisement
Latest news

Kingsbarns debuts flagship Dream to Dram

by

Fife distillery Kingsbarns has launched its first flagship whisky, a three-year-old single malt named Kingsbarns Dream to Dram.

Kingsbarns Dream to Dram
Legally mature: Kingsbarns Dream to Dram is the distillery’s first whisky on general release

The single malt, produced exclusively using barley locally grown at the distillery’s East Neuk home, is Kingsbarns’ first whisky aged to a minimum three years to be released for general sale.

William Wemyss, owner of Kingsbarns distillery, said: ‘Dream to Dram is a wonderful single malt that I think perfectly captures the Lowland style and the character of our East Neuk home in Fife.

‘So much hard work, skill and dedication has gone into crafting our whisky over the past three years so my thanks and congratulations go to everyone at Kingsbarns.’

The whisky is said to be ‘clean yet complex’ with ‘banana, pineapple syrup and summer berries’ on the nose with ‘soft toffee and custard pastry’ on the palate.

Bottled at 46% abv, 90% of the whisky has been matured in first-fill ex-Bourbon barrels from Heaven Hill distillery, while the remaining 10% has been aged in shaved, toasted and recharred wine casks.

Priced at £44.95 per 70cl bottle, the whisky is currently available from the Kingsbarns distillery website and specialist retailers across the UK.

The whisky is also ‘on its way’ to being released in some European countries and Taiwan, with a more widespread release in the near future.

Kingsbarns distillery was opened in 2014 by the Wemyss family, owners of Edinburgh-based independent bottler Wemyss Malts, in an effort to realise the family’s ‘long-held dream’ to produce single malt whisky in Fife.

Although Dream to Dram is the distillery’s first general release, it follows the limited release of Kingsbarns Founders Reserve in December 2018, another three-year-old available exclusively to members of the distillery’s Founders Club.

You can buy this bottle at Master of Malt. It may also be available from these other retailers.

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.

Scroll To Top