Advertisement

Duncan Macleod & Company Profile

Duncan Macleod & Company (sometimes shortened to DMC) was a whisky broker and blender that produced the Clan Macleod, Glen Finnan and Old Crofter brands.

Advertisement

Duncan Macleod & Company History

Duncan Macleod & Company was incorporated in 1902 as an amalgamation of a selection of wine merchants, including David Sandeman & Son Ltd, Gibb & Bruce of Glasgow and London, and Joseph Carlow & Son Ltd., also of London. The first company director was Duncan Macleod of Skeabost.

In May 1937, the subscribers of the company voted to liquidate the business that was then based at 65 Renfield Street in Glasgow. Many of the company’s assets were sold to Stewart & Son of Dundee Ltd. Some time before the 1980s.

Stewart & Son of Dundee eventually became part of Pernod Ricard in 2005, with Duncan Macleod made a dormant subsidiary soon after. In 2016 the company was renamed Glenburgie Distillery Ltd.

Associated companies

Advertisement

See also

  • Glen Rossie Distillers Glen Rossie Distillers Glen Rossie Distillers Blender

    Glen Rossie Distillers

    Now dissolved whisky exporter and former owner of the Glen Rossie blended Scotch whisky brand.

  • Ledaig Ledaig Ledaig Brand

    Ledaig

    Tobermory’s alter-ego peated malt.

  • House of Burn House of Burn House of Burn Distillery

    House of Burn

    Also called House of Burns, a lost distillery at Monzievaird, near Crieff in Perthshire.

  • Bridge of Don Bridge of Don Bridge of Don Distillery

    Bridge of Don

    A lost distillery that operated somewhere on Aberdeen’s northern edge in the late 18th century.

Scroll To Top