The blended Scotch has partnered with HBO to create a new Game of Thrones themed whisky.
Some people are just plain greedy. News from that understated and sombre get-together of bar folk in New Orleans, Tales of the Cocktail, that the chief engineer of this parish, Mr David Broom, has won not one but two of the coveted Spirited Awards.
It seems extraordinarily unfair of him to hog the limelight in this way – I mean, did he really need the hassle of transporting not one but two Riedel crystal trophies back to Blighty? And buying them their own Business Class seat seemed mightily excessive…
So: Best Cocktail & Spirits Writer and Best New Spirits Book (for Whisky: The Manual). Not bad. Not bad at all. Massive congratulations from all of us, Dave.
Now get back to work.
Manual labour: the Chief Engineer and his winning smile (photo: Becky Paskin)
- ‘Last chance’ to buy Old Pulteney 21YO
- Game of Thrones single malts are coming
- Bowmore 27YO Port Cask completes trilogy
- Tomatin 15-year-old Moscatel finish released
- Rare whisky reviews: Batch 43
- Stop idolising single cask whiskies
- New Macallan distillery pulls ‘fake’ bottles
- New whisky reviews: Batch 157
- Where did the term ‘lyne arm’ come from?
- Starward ageing charity whisky at sea
From the editors 27 July 2015
Some thoughts on William S Burroughs, ‘junk’, freewill and the modern Scotch whisky industry.
Latest news 13 July 2018
The blended Scotch brand is the latest to introduce a blended malt expression, Buchanan’s Select.
Latest news 12 July 2018
Bottle 1 of Genesis, the English distillery’s new single malt, breaks two world records.
Latest news 09 July 2018
The 20-year-old single malt is the first in a range of whiskies paying homage to Arran’s landscape.