Glen Moray’s distillery manager is set to join Ireland’s Dingle distillery in October.
Some people are just plain greedy. News from that understated and sombre get-together of bar folk in New Orleans, Tales of the Cocktail, that the chief engineer of this parish, Mr David Broom, has won not one but two of the coveted Spirited Awards.
It seems extraordinarily unfair of him to hog the limelight in this way – I mean, did he really need the hassle of transporting not one but two Riedel crystal trophies back to Blighty? And buying them their own Business Class seat seemed mightily excessive…
So: Best Cocktail & Spirits Writer and Best New Spirits Book (for Whisky: The Manual). Not bad. Not bad at all. Massive congratulations from all of us, Dave.
Now get back to work.
Manual labour: the Chief Engineer and his winning smile (photo: Becky Paskin)
- Aldi launches Glen Marnoch 25 Year Old
- Is a second ‘whisky loch’ brewing?
- Ardbeg reveals 19 Year Old Traigh Bhan
- Highland Park Valfather is ‘peatiest’ whisky
- Diageo strikes could ‘halt’ whisky making
- Macallan named among world’s top attractions
- Whisky series highlights cask evolution
- New whisky reviews: Batch 216
- New whisky reviews: Batch 215
- Famous whisky drinkers: Rip Torn
Latest news 22 August 2019
Chivas Extra 13 is decorated with ‘iconic images of Americana’ and inspired by Prohibition.
Latest news 21 August 2019
The peated whisky will join the distillery’s burgeoning range of Lowland single malts.
Latest news 20 August 2019
The Edinburgh distillery and military spectacle have collaborated on an exclusive whisky.
Latest news 16 August 2019
The collection from the closed Japanese distillery has sold for over £750,000 in Hong Kong.