The producer of Loch Lomond Group’s Scotch whisky and vodka portfolio.
Loch Lomond Distillery Company Profile
Loch Lomond Distillery Company was originally established in the 1990s by Sandy Bulloch of Glen Catrine Bonded Whisky to amalgamate the group’s wine and spirits businesses. It was later sold onto a group of private investors – whose diverse portfolio includes Quorn Foods, Racing Post and Big Bus Tours – and currently operates out of Alexandria.
Loch Lomond Distillery Company History
The Glen Catrine Bonded Warehouse Ltd established Loch Lomond Distillery Company in 1993 to consolidate its wine and spirit wholesale business, Inland Fisheries Ltd, with Loch Lomond Distillers, which operated an eponymous distillery in Alexandria.
The following year Glen Catrine acquired Glen Scotia and Littlemill distilleries through its purchase of Gibson International, although the latter distillery was closed and sold to a developer soon after.
In 2014 businessman Colin Matthews, backed by serial investor Exponent Private Equity, acquired Loch Lomond Distillery Company in a deal thought to be worth tens of millions of pounds. The business came complete with the Loch Lomond and Glen Scotia distilleries, remaining Littlemill whisky stocks, the Glen Catrine bottling operation in Mauchline plus the High Commissioner blended Scotch and Glen’s vodka brands.
The Loch Lomond Distillery Company now sits within the wider Loch Lomond Group as a non-trading subsidiary. The company’s main business, including the operation of Glen Scotia and Loch Lomond distilleries, is run by Loch Lomond Distillers, a subsidiary of Loch Lomond Distillery Company.
Distilleries & Brands
- Clansman Highland Blended Scotch Whisky
- Craiglodge Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Croftengea Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Dumbuck Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Dunglass Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glen Catrine Blended Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glen Douglas Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glen Scotia Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glengarry Highland Scotch Whisky
- High Commissioner Blended Scotch Whisky
- Inchfad Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Inchmoan Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Inchmurrin Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Littlemill Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Loch Lomond Highland Scotch Whisky
- Old Rhosdhu Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Scots Earl Blended Scotch Whisky
Once operator of Littlemill distillery in Dunbartonshire, now owned by Loch Lomond Group.
Distillery & brand
Produces a range of single malts.
Heavily peated single malt Scotch produced at the multifaceted Loch Lomond distillery in Alexandria.